Twelve women go away for a weekend together… in the woods, isolated in a Lake Cabin. Cell phone service is limited for some, not available at all for others. There is TV, but no one elects to turn it on. Restaurants are within driving distance, but instead the women pitch in for meal times and share the preparation and clean-up. Not because they have to, but because that is what this weekend is all about. Being together. Seeking rest, together. Seeking the Lord together.
The world tells us that the scenario above is not a likely one. When you get more than one woman in a room together there is bound to be some kind of drama… let alone adding 11 more! But that is what the enemy wants. He is the king of lies and deception. He is a master at twisting our perception, at creating doubts, at planting seeds of discontent.
Twelve of us had the courage to not believe him and to trust that the Lord had called us to participate in this journey. And twelve of us walked away all the more stronger for it.
What else do we believe because the world says it is so?
- If our husband asks us to do something he is trying to emotionally herd us in to being submissive.
- If we weigh more than 130lbs we are fat.
- If we spend hours a day on facebook it is ok, because we are just staying connected.
- If we spend too much money on senseless shopping it’s because that’s what women do… we shop!
- If we talk more to our mother’s than we do with our husbands, it’s just because she understands you more.
Spend some time in the Bible today, and test your thoughts against the Living Word.
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2-3